The origins of Tecno: ABV
Atelier di Varedo was established in the early 1920s, which went on to become Arredamenti Borsani Varedo (ABV).
The very first products made in the workshop owned by Gaetano Borsani, father of twin brothers Osvaldo and Fulgenzio, were typical items of period furniture made according to the artisan traditions of the Brianza area.
Between 1925 and 1927 began a stylistic development tied to the emergence of Osvaldo's distinctive style. By 1933 and the 5th Milan Triennial Exhibition, Osvaldo Borsani's style was official. In 1932, the company moved to a new factory and simultaneously inaugurated a shop and design studio in Via Montenapoleone, Milan. Throughout the thirties and forties, Borsani dedicated his efforts to the creation of furniture for large domestic environments and for the wealthy professional studios of the Lombardy region.